Sunday, November 9, 2008

DR and.....Breathe


This post is two fold. I was looking at my older posts earlier today and really taking a second look at what I was feeling at each point in time in my life. Fortunately, most of the important points have been chronicled by this blog. Looking back on the situations that have occurred, I can see clearly what I was feeling/thinking at each point in time. When I vent, I am able to go back later on and weigh each side and determine a feasible outcome. It has helped me say things that I couldn't say with verbal expression. It's amazing how you can express clear precise feeling without speaking a word. I guess, a blog is like the poor mans therapy.

Anyways getting to the first topic....

DR, which in this case is Washington Heights, Manhattan is my new home. Nah, I don't live there..I still live in boring old Queens (well at least its clean and safe). It's just that I went up there about a month ago to go shopping because the stuff in Harlem just wasn't cutting it. Their jeans baggy and they don't carry any size lower than L. So I made my way to WH because I know Dominican be wearing them tight-ass jeans and shirt, so I figured I'd fit right in. Well, I feel in love, even though no one spoke English, they have some pretty good clothing at good preces up there. So its now my new shopping spot. So I went back there this weekend to get my hair braided at this hair braiding spot I was eyeing. Long story short, the lady was really nice and only charged me $25 for the hairstyle I got, which I really like (see pix). She actually braided out of a barber shop so I got my shape up there too. The barber spoke no English and the hair braider ended up have to translate for me. But I definitely got the VIP treatment, hot towel and all. I was very satisfied with the job he did.

Anyways second topic...

I guess I'm obliged to do an aftermath post pertaining to the recent ending of one chapter in my life. The thing is, my feelings about this are so complex and I want to do a full entry that will encompass everything I'm feeling at once. I just want to be completely honest with myself about things and also reality. I spoke with both Karim and Alex about this and they are both happy for me but, no one can deny that this is not going to be cut and dry for me. Sometimes I feel as though I wish there was a switch I could use to turn on and turn off what I'm thinking, but God in his infinite wisdom, did not make us that way. I'm sure he did so for a reason but that reason is not obvious to me at the moment. I'm doing well...the tied although not yet down, is slowly receding. I'm regaining what I lost. I feel both happy and sad. One thing is for sure, what ever happened happened because it had to happen. So I have no regrets, but that won't stop my head from spinning....I'm almost scared to thoroughly voice my feeling in entity about this because I'm scared of what I may say both negative and positive.

To be followed up with a real posts once I get my thoughts together....

2 comments:

fuzzy said...

Ummm living life with no regret is a good thing... That was the best thing I got from this post!

Darius T. Williams said...

It's okay to be scarred - really it is. Um, I remember when I lived in Jersey City - a dude name Jeffrey used to cut my hair. Or shall I say Yeff-rey. He was wicked w/the clippers but his English was horrible. He was from the Dominican Republic. I miss him terribly - he was truly a great barber!