Sunday, January 28, 2007

Season of Friendship

Wow..2007 is actually turning out to be a pretty good year as expected..I mean even in January such great things are happening already. I mean even today on Sunday Jan. 28th three important people have shown their significance in my life. I'll present the 2 scenarios and go into a bit of detail about my definition friendship which has developed to be extremely unique during the past years.


Names and places have been changed to protect the privacy of each individual:


Scenario 1:

I was chillin with one of my frat. brothers today. We normally hang out a lot and I been putting him on a steady gym routine because he's trynna get right. I also helped him get an extra job on campus. So over a short period of time we've become good friends the funny thing is I never really noticed until he said something today.


So he's joking around with me on some other shyt so I'm finally like nah, step back you on probation. Seeing that I'm a lil mad he says "aww... you want a hung?" I'm like "don't touch me!!!", so he gets the idea and now he feels in lil bad. So he says "aww, you know you my best friend" am I'm like "nah you on the 10-step program now" (which means you probably gonna have to work hard to regain my friendship). Well he is currently still on that 10 step program so I'll see how he does this week. But about a lil while later I thought about it. That was a really nice thing for him to say, I really didn't think I was that important to him..t shows that we may mean much more to people than people think. He talks about me all the time to his family and girlfriend and we also have been hanging out a lot. It felt good to know that he appreciated my friendship so much.

Scenario 3:

Buddy 3: I wanted you to know this. I had this dream I died and you were in it. I really appreciate you being my friend.
Buddy 3: Just want you to know that.
Dwight Lara: oh i felt that
Dwight Lara: aww...i feel SO special
Buddy 3: I really do.
I know I say this but I really thought about it and you mean sooooooo much to me.
Buddy 3: Even when you get me a lil mad
Dwight Lara: lol
Dwight Lara: that's kool
Dwight Lara: I'm glad to know that
Buddy 3: My dream was that I died and I never got to say the things I always wanted to say
Buddy 3: to you
Buddy 3: and what not
Buddy 3:
The funny thing you were the only one in my dream
Buddy 3: No one else
Dwight Lara: damn
Dwight Lara: that's crazy
Buddy 3: Isn't it.
Buddy 3: It was just so weird. I woke thinking what the hell. I think I've told you pretty much all that I needed to tell you.
Dwight Lara: lol

All of this is significant to me because 2.5 years ago when I just moved to the NYC area, I had no friends. Now exactly what I wanted has been granted to me. Its good to know that so many years of picking and choosing buddies has paid off. The thing is I would do just as much and even more for my friends than they do for me. Most of them don't know how valuable they. I always wanted best friends, now I have several of them. Its a shame they may never really know what my love for them means.



A very happy Special K

No comments: